Taewook Kang's Playground
need to contact me? i am at
Some of My Stuff
- Sentiment Analyzed News:
natural language processing engine. written from scratch with no 3rd party components. watching and analyzing news articles from more than 2,000+ news sources in real-time.
collected data can be sorted and filtered by various elements such as people, company names and tickers mentioned, relevant keywords, negativity, positivity, and more.
while doing all this, the system learns to get smarter and better. My algorithm was recently adopted by San Francisco Chronicle.
- StockTwits full firehose stream: their full firehose stream exposed
- Free Natural Language Processing Service:
100% free natural language processing service including sentiment analysis, content extraction, and language detection. Currently the most popular and frequently used Data API at mashape.com, the largest cloud API marketplace in the world.
- IP Address to Income Stats:
returns average income level of surrounding areas of an ip address. data is based on 2012 census. one of a kind. available at mashape.com
- Simple Census API:
pulling data from the latest census using either zip code or ip address. official census apis are famous for being difficult to use. i've written various census applications for people and this made me among top 50 census api developers (census.gov) in 2013 & 2014.
- My Sentiment Analysis Tool:
made with 100% organic ingredients.
- Better Content Extractor:
heuristic approach to content extraction. rather than using static regular expressions, my methods can extract contents from many different types of webpages.
- Google Alerts on All Publicly Traded Companies:
the largest google alerts aggregator there is. server collects, analyzes, and publishes
google alerts on all publicly traded us companies.
Some of My Stuff - Old (1999~2004)
- Kang's Twitter Pipe: an example of my Twitter streamer.
- Endless Google Images: heavy rain of random google images.
- Flickr Sky: my interpretation of the latest images from Flickr.
- WSU Department Tools: highly scalable university-wide content management solution built from scratch. the tools consist of traffic analytics, newsletter, tour, image gallery, forum, web-form generator, event calendar, URL shortener, and many more. actively used by 409 admins in 670 departments and groups, serving 100,000+ page views a day. it has generated more than 31,164 static and dynamic web pages. (may, 2011)
- WSU Activities Feeds: a feed aggregator class. The example page aggregates 19 twitter accounts, 11 facebook walls, 1 YouTube feed, 1 Vimeo feed, and 2 RSS feeds with a great efficiency.
- Website Analytics: works just like Google Analytics, which i reverse-engineered, but simpler for everyday use. yes, it works with any website. (Due to the lack of SVG support, some mobile browsers may not be able to render graphs.)
- Webmaster Email Tool: efficient email forwarding & management. now with history & stats.
- Custom Work Order System: we could not find any solutions we liked, so we made our own.
- Multi-level font selector prototype
- quu.com: free URL shortening service. had over a million links. my hosting company had to kill it due to heavy traffic.
- Battlefield Management System: a real-time GPS-assisted battlefield management system.
- Risk Management System: financial applications used in risk management analyses. they are heavily upgraded.
- [OLD] Text Only Tool: instantly generate ADA-compliant version of your webpage. made with just 11 lines of Regular Expressions.
- [OLD] getstring.com: now defunct free guestbook service. it had 35k registered members when it went down.
How-tos - Really Old (1999~2004)